Forest Creek Golf Club and KemperSports leadership teams are closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 Corona Virus and taking preventative measures to ensure that we are providing the highest level of service and cleanliness to our pass holders and guests.
Forest Creek Golf Club will remain open but will offer limited dining and gathering space. We are following the guidelines established by the CDC for preventing the spread of the virus, and we have implemented additional sanitation measures at our facility to mitigate risk and reduce the spread of germs. This includes the following procedures: We have increased frequency in cleaning schedules with a focus on public areas, including handrails, door handles, cash machines, golf carts, and other high-touch common areas.
1. Immediately, the clubhouse is closed. We have “built” a grill counter area on the patio and will take orders, process payment, and deliver f&b to the golfers on the patio. The front doors are open for restroom use only but the corridor to grill room is blocked off. The golf shop doors are locked and only window transactions are being processed. We will sell limited merchandise thru the window.
2. Only one person per golf cart to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Family members may share a cart ONLY if they live in the same household.
3. Our menu will consist of only hot dogs, sausage wraps, snacks, beverages, and alcoholic beverages.
4. We have adjusted our hours of operation to close at 8:00 pm. No lights will be turned on for nighttime practice.
5. We have blocked every third tee time daily thru April 13th to help maintain social distancing as well.
6. We have implemented enhanced food and beverage health procedures in our dining outlets. This includes offering a more limited menu with “Carry-Out or To-G0” items only. On-course beverage cart service will be offered, staff permitting
7. Credit card transactions only.
8. We have installed additional sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
9. We have provided additional disinfectant wipes to staff and guests.
10. Our golf car steering wheels, gear shift, and console are being disinfected before each new driver. We will allow one golfer per golf cart, unless members of the same family.
11. Walking is allowed and encouraged.
12. We have posted visual signage throughout our facilities to encourage staff and guests to wash hands thoroughly and disinfect workstations, along with verbal and email communication.
13. Our customary ‘handshake welcome’ with our guests will be replaced with a standard “hello” to limit physical contact.
14. Our staff will maintain social distancing with guests.
15. On the course, ball washers, water coolers, and rakes have been removed. Sand bottles, scorecards, pencils removed from cart. Golfers will be provided 2 bottles of water. Cups will upside down on par 4’s and 5’s and regular insert on par 3’s. We recommend not touching the flagstick.
16. Driving range stands have been removed.
The health and safety of our staff and guests is our highest priority and we will continue to monitor the impact of coronavirus and work with health experts to ensure that our staff is informed and prepared. These precautions and new operating procedures are effective until further notice.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. We appreciate your support and cooperation to create a safe and healthy environment at Forest Creek Golf Club.
Jeff Dayton, GM
Forest Creek Golf Club